In Part 1 of the article, we’ve explained how data analytics can be useful for digital marketing. The professionals who perform tasks like SEO, SEM, and analytics. In this article, we’re going to discuss the benefits of data analytics in Social Media Marketing.
As we all know, social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn generate most of the data on the internet. It gets necessary to extract insights from such a large audience and use them for meaningful purposes.
Whenever you post a picture on Facebook or Instagram, like something, comment on someone’s post, or share any post, these sites store your data.
This data is used by these companies to show you the most relevant and related content on social media.
You’re presented with Sponsored ads on social media sites based on your past interests and activities.
How Digital Marketing Professionals Can Leverage Data Analytics on Social Media
A digital marketing professional works to set up the sponsored ads for their or client’s company with an objective to generate more leads, create a conversion funnel, build brand awareness, or increase the brand reach to the maximum.
With any of these objectives, it gets important to target the right audience to get the best results from your marketing efforts.
If you’re a digital marketer, you can relate to the fact that low CPL gives you more mental peace instead of any other material thing in the world. To achieve this kind of productivity, you’ll have to choose the best possible prospects group and target them to the best of your abilities.
In this article, we’ll tell you about a few tools that you can use in order to select the perfect target audience for your business ads:
A list of 3 such tools is following:
- Facebook audience insights
- Facebook ads library
- LinkedIn audience targeting
We’ll explain one by one how you can use these tools to get the maximum ROAS.
1. Facebook audience insights: This tool by Facebook let digital marketing professionals research their target audience based on the keywords they enter. You can enter any particular keyword and you’ll be shown the size of your target audience, which pages they like, what are their interests, and their demography like age, gender, and location.
Before setting up any Facebook Ad, you can go to Facebook Audience Insights and get an idea about the keywords or pages that you want to target in a detailed manner.
2. Facebook Ads Library: This tool by Facebook is one of the best tools available in the market for digital marketing. When you do the competitor analysis for your brand, you can visit your competitor’s pages and spy on them.
You can know all the ads that your competitors are running, their post copy, and the post image or video they are using. Just go to your competitor’s page on Facebook and under the page likes section, you’ll see an option of Ad Library. When you click on the Ad Library, you’ll be shown all the ads your competitors are running.
By this, you can get the best idea about what is going to work for you and what is not.
3. LinkedIn Audience Targeting: This tool by LinkedIn is one of the most useful tools for digital marketing. LinkedIn lets you explore your target audience based on their demography, designation, gender, age, education, work experience, company name, college name and a lot else.
You can set up LinkedIn Sponsored Ads and target the exact audience that you want to interact with your brand. You can also optimize your campaigns for a broader or a narrower target audience.
Hope you liked this article “Data Analytics For Digital marketing – Part 2”. Read Part 1 of the article.
For more such articles, visit our blog or for the latest news, visit our LinkedIn Page.